Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pan Fried Pork, Steamed Asparagus, Baked Butternut Squash, and Roasted Red Potatoes






This was a recipe I found.  I marinaded the pork chops in a little soy sauce and some season salt.  Then I dipped them in egg and Italian seasoned bread crumbs.  Once they were breaded, I put them in a skillet with hot olive oil and seared each side of the pork for about 3 minutes.  Once seared, I placed the pork chops in a baking dish and baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  This was the perfect amount of time for the thickness I had and they were still juicy and not dried out.  While they were baking for 45 minutes, I made a pan sauce by adding cream of mushroom soup to the skillet where the pork was seared and about half a beer.  I let this simmer the entire time the pork was cooking and just added some salt and pepper.  While the sauce was simmering, I also steamed some asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment