Monday, January 17, 2011

Ravioli


Made from scratch ravioli.  I made the dough using the recipe from my kitchen aid mixer with the pasta attachment.  Rolled the dough using the attachment until thin.  Next time I will roll it even thinner.  I filled the ravioli with mushroom filling that was sauteed with onion before putting it in the dough.  In a saucepan for the filling, I sauteed onion and mushroom that were finely diced with red wine and seasonings.  Once it was cool enough to work with, I dropped spoonfuls of filling on the rolled out dough.  Then covered the dough and filling with another sheet of dough.  Using a rotary cutter, I cut out the ravioli pieces.  I made sure they were sealed well and dropped them into boiling water.  Once tender, toss with any pasta sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment