Monday, January 17, 2011

Cream Cheese Danishes




I used store bough puff pastry for the dough, so good and so easy.  One box of puff pastry can be sectioned into 12 rectangles for 12 cream cheese danishes.  For the filling, I used a package of cream cheese, and whipped it with my kitchen aid until it was smooth.  I added the powdered sugar to the cream cheese and beat it until it was incorporated.  Also to the filling I added one egg yolk, vanilla, and salt for flavor.  I divided the filling into 12 puff pastry rectangles.  On half the danishes, I added a spoonful of peach jam.  The danishes with jam and cream cheese are better than with just cream cheese.  Then I sprinkled some slivered almonds on the danishes and folded in two opposite corners.  Press the corners or they will open during baking.  I baked these at 350 deg until golden, originally tried 400 deg, but this was too hot and they burned before the inside was done cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment