Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fresh Garden Pico de Gallo, Homemade Refried Beans, and Beef Nachos




My tomato plants this year created more tomatoes than I could eat so I made them into pico de gallo, my favorite.  I deseeded all 20 tomatoes and chopped them up into 1/4 cubes.  I added half and onion chopped fine, 3 jalapenos chopped fine, lime juice from 2 limes, cilantro from half a bunch minced, fresh garlic, garlic powder, and salt.  It was awesome.  I also made some beef nachos to go with it.  Chips, homemade refried beans, cooked beef, and shredded cheddar cheese.  I made the refried beans by heating a skillet, adding olive oil, heating the olive oil, adding drained pinto beans and garlic.  I let them saute for about 5 minutes, and then just start mashing.  I used a potato masher for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment