Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day Crawfish Etoufee Stuffed Chicken, Potato Pancakes, Southern Style Green Beans, and Cheesecake Bites





For Father's Day Dinner, I went to Abe's Cajun Market in Clear Lake, Texas and bought their Crawfish Etoufee Stuffed Chicken.  The directions were super simple, put it in a small roasting pan (I just used my lasagna casserole dish), bake in the oven at 375 degF for 1 hr 15 min.  I followed the directions, and it came out great.  I covered it with aluminum foil for the the first 45 minutes so that it didn't over brown, and the chicken still came out crispy.  I also made some Southern Style Green Beans by sauteing some bacon in a pot, once cooked, added the trimmed green beans for about 2 minutes while stiring so all the green beans were coated, and then added enough chicken stock to completely cover the green beans and let them simmer the whole time the chicken was cooking.  I also made potato pancakes, a family favorite.  It was 2.5 pounds of shredded golden potatoes, half of a sweet yellow onion chopped small, 2 eggs, and about 1/2 cup of flour.  Mix all the ingredients together.  Heat some olive oil in a skillet, and add a large spoonful and press down gently, wait a few minutes for one side to cook, then flip and cook the other side.  Set on paper towels.  I also made Cheesecake Bites, these come out looking so pretty.  It's just an 8 oz block of cream cheese, a 16 oz tub of cool whip, and some sugar to taste.  I beat them all together in my mixer and spoon them into premade cookie cups.  The cookie cups are made using store bough cookie dough, which I rolled out and set in a cupcake pan for tiny cupcakes, and they form perfect cups, let them cool before removing them.  I take them out of the cupcake pan using a toothpick.

No comments:

Post a Comment