Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bachelorette Party!!! (Snacks, Champagne, and Stitch Fix)


For my friends Bachelorette party, I made all kinds of pink colored snacks for the party.

Cherry Flavored Cupcakes dyed with pink food coloring, topped with icing also dyed with pink food coloring, piped icing with a star tip, and then topped with bright pink sprinkles.
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Topped Crackers, this was the crowd favorite.  I used triscuit crackers, with a cream cheese spread, and topped with a thin slice of smoked salmon.
Pink food colored rice krispy treats cut out the rice krispy treats with letter cookie cutters in the first letter of her name and his name.
Pink food colored cream cheese and puff pastry with a strawberry, almond topping.  Using frozen puff pastry, cut into small rectangular or square shapes, top with a spoonful of whipped cream cheese, powered sugar, and pink food coloring mixture.  Close the puff pastry with all 4 corners or 2 corners to the middle of the pastry to hold the filling, and top with a sprinkle of sliced almonds.
Bruschetta with toasted bread, consisting of tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, garlic, fresh basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinaigrette. 
Bowl of berries to put in the champagne glasses.  I used blackberries, strawberries (tops cut and washed) and raspberries.
Finally, add a bottle of champagne with champagne glasses, and Pink flowers to decorate the table, I used tulips.


Need something to WEAR to your Bachelorette Party, check out Stitch Fix, it's shopping in your own home with your own mirror. 
I was so excited for my first stitch fix, it came in the mail yesterday.  I have been waiting for this box for a month.  When I opened the box, I was so excited when I saw all the colors.  If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, it is a personal styling service that delivers a box of accessibly priced items directly to your door.  Stitch Fix hand picks pieces for each client, to ultimately help them look and feel their best. Over time, Stitch Fix tracks and learns from each client’s preferences, likes, and dislikes making it the only shopping experience that can know women’s tastes even better than their friends. Stitch Fix works with over 200 brands, from up-and-coming labels to more established designers and is based in San Francisco.





The first item was a gorgeous blue and pink flowered scarf.  It's was so pretty on.  I decided not to purchase it because it didn't go with a lot of my own clothing and it was a little too expensive for me at $28.  The next item in the box was a gorgeous red scalloped shirt.  I fell in love with this shirt.  The only reason I didn't purchase was the sleeves were too tight, but I was contemplating whether I could alter it myself since I do have basic sewing skills.  Ultimately I decided against it and updated my sizing chart on my style guide.  I kinda thought the first one box might not fit perfectly.



The third item was a black and white chevron shirt.  The fit was perfect and I loved the chevrons, but I didn't love the V neck on this shirt.  I decided against this one too.  If it had been less than $58 though, I probably would have purchased it.



The next item in my box was a maxi dress, which I specifically asked for.  This dress fit pretty well, but didn't hang on my body type very well, it did look good when paired with a sweater, which Stitch Fix recommended.




Now to the final item, my favorite, and the item I purchased from my Fix.  The green and white cut out tank.  The fit was perfect and I loved the color.  I can wear it with work slacks and a white sweater or with jeans.  I was in love and at $58, I felt it was affordable for what I was getting.  I don't normally spend that much on a shirt, but it seemed to be made really well and have a lot of detail.




I'm really happy with my first Stitch Fix and I have already scheduled my next.  If you are interested, use the link below and check it out.  I also get a fun freebie if you use my link below ;)

Check out Stitch Fix!!!

I am in no way affiliated with the company, I just love their service.  I use my own personal money for shopping with Stitch Fix.  Here's how it works:
  1. Sign Up and Complete Your Style Profile After signing up you can start immediately on your Style Profile. We need to know your size, shape, style, price preferences, and lifestyle to get your Fix right. It’ll take about 10 minutes.
  2. Schedule a Stitch Fix Pick a date, and we’ll send you a box of 5 clothing and accessory items we’ve hand-picked just for you. Schedule monthly, or as often as you like—it’s your call. You pay a $20 styling fee up front, which serves as credit toward anything in your Stitch Fix shipment.
  3. Try it all on Try on everything we send you—you never know what you’ll like until you see it on. Pair it with items already in your closet. Each item includes style cards with ideas and inspiration on how to wear it.
  4. Decide Take 3 days to decide what you’ll keep. Pay for just what you want to keep, return the rest in our pre-paid mailing bag at any USPS mailbox. Keep all 5 items and you save 25% off the entire shipment.
  5. Check Out Give us feedback on your Stitch Fix shipment—our secret (styling) sauce gets better over time if we know what did and didn’t work for you.

Stitch Fix works with the best up-and-coming labels and brands—the kind featured in magazines and on stylish celebs—but our average price point is an accessible $75, but there is a fair amount of variation. On your Style Profile you can let us know on what prices work best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment