Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers



First I cut the tops off the bell peppers, I like to use red since they are sweeter than the green bell peppers.  Put the open bell peppers into boiling water so they are completely covered.  I leave them in the boiling water while I make the filling.  I usually use the 90 minute ready rice and there are lots of different kinds.  I saute one onion with the top part of the bell pepper that I cut off in some olive oil until done.  Then I add a pound of ground beef and cook until done.  Then I add a jar of tomato sauce and let cook until hot.  Then I add some diced Roma tomatoes and the cooked rice.  Then dry the bell peppers and fill with the mixture.  Put them in a cake pan with high edges so they don't fall over and place in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes.  Top with Parmesan for the last minute in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment