Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chex Mix



For Chex Mix, I used half a small box of wheat chex cereal, half a big box of rice chex cereal, 1 cup of mustard flavored pretzels, 1 cup of crushed bagel chips, and 1 cup of mixed nuts.  I put all the ingredients in a large microwavable casserole dish.  In a small microwavable bowl, I added one stick of butter, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of Lawry's salt.  I put the small bowl in the microwave for about a minute until the butter was melted, then I poured the melted butter mixture over the large casserole dish with the chex cereal mixture.  I put the large casserole dish with all ingredients in the microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every minute.  Once it was done in the microwave, I spread the mixture out on a cookie sheet to cool, then put in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment