Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Potato Salad






This potato salad is awesome and not too difficult.  I washed 2 1/2 lbs of potatoes and cut them into bite size pieces.  I put them into water on the stove and cooked them until tender on medium heat.  While the potatoes were cooking, I put 4 eggs into a pot, covered them with water, and then put them on medium heat.  As soon as the eggs started to boil, I turned off the heat and let them sit for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes, I poured out the water and added ice water, once they were cool, I peeled and chopped them.  While the potatoes and the eggs were cooking, I put half a pound of bacon on a baking sheet and baked them in the oven at 350 degrees until they were really crispy, then I crumbled the pieces.  While the potatoes, eggs, and bacon were cooking, I chopped some celery and green onions very fine, which I added to 1 cup of mayo and 1/2 cup of mustard.  When the potatoes, bacon, and eggs were done cooking, I let them cool in the fridge for an hour.  Then I mixed everything together and put the potato salad into the fridge.

1 comment: